Around the XFL: Final touches on Week 2
Week 2 is wrapping up as teams continue to take a look at the film from this past week. Quick, want to get fired up at your desk in the middle of the day? We got you covered.
Let's jump right in.
- Action Network: 4 betting lessons from Week 2
- Pro Football Focus: XFL Week 2 report card
- Week 2: Stats that matter
- Sights and sounds from Week 2 of the XFL (NFL Live, ESPN)
- Recap of Week 2 of the XFL (Speak for Yourself with Whitlock and Wiley, FS1)
- Houston Roughnecks QB P.J. Walker shines in Week 2 (PFF, NBC Sports)
- XFL, Bud Light work to shake up football advertising (Variety)
- The XFL becomes Football's new innovation lab- and shows you how to turn heads in the industry (Forbes)
- Week 2 XFL Power Rankings: Roughnecks, Defenders emerge as elite teams (USA Today)
- Sustained betting interest an "encouraging sign" for the XFL (Sports Illustrated)
- In second weekend, XFL still buzzing -- and DC Defenders still winning (Washington Times)
This is the XFL Show Ep. 114 wraps up Week 2
With teams separating themselves from the rest of the pack early on, QBs speaking their minds on the sidelines during games, and coaches being put on full display for all the world to see, Week 2 in the XFL brought us plenty to digest as football fans. Get a complete recap of everything that went down and look ahead to Week 3 with us on another addition of the XFL’s first official podcast.
We also welcome “The Coach” Jonathan Coachman to the program for a thorough discussion about all things XFL, including how the league will put its stars in their own unique spotlight.
EPISODE 114 RUNDOWN:
7:22 – Dink & Dunk: Landry Jones and Josh Johnson debut, what social media said about Week 2, and Bryant’s trip to L.A.’s home opener.
19:19 – Cover 2: Weekly awards and Week 2 power rankings
43:10 – Talkin’ XFL with “The Coach” Jonathan Coachman
01:03:00 – Hot Read: Week 2 recaps and a look ahead for each team heading into Week 3
Don't forget to vote
The XFL wants your vote for the XFL Week 2 Star of the Week.
Stat of the day
Now this is a crazy stat for the combination of head coach Bob Stoops and quaterback Landry Jones.
We're still not over this play just yet either...
Just an absolutely wild play from Defenders quaterback Cardale Jones.
Week 2 wraps
Still fired up from the second weekend of XFL football? We couldn't agree more. The New York Guardians are looking to get back in the win collumn during Week 3.
The St. Louis BattleHawks are the ones tasked with keeping the Guardians in the loss column when they host their home opener this week. After a tough contest in Week 2 aginst the Roughnecks, they are ready for their first home game.
The Defenders started hot and never let go of the lead, dominating their Saturday contest against the Guardians.
Houston is buzzing following their second-straight win. Check out the big moments from their 28-24 victory over the BattleHawks.
Lastly, go inside CenturyLink Field to see the Dragons first win in XFL history.