Guardians Training Camp: Day 5
HOUSTON -- Day 5 of training camp for the New York Guardians was the first under cloudy skies, but it did not damper the enthusiasm on the field.
During the 7-on-7 drill, the defense made two interceptions but quarterback Matt McGloin connected with wide receivers Teo Redding and Colby Pearson a few times.
Not to mention this laser-sharp throw:
Focus on secondary
However, the defense got the best of the offense. The defensive backfield, led by cornerback Jamar Summers and safeties A.J. Hendy and Demetrious Cox, made great strides on Day 5.
I am looking for everyone to showcase what they have been given and have a knowledge of the defense as fast as possible.
- Garret Dooley, LB, Wisconsin
- Bernard Reedy, WR, Toledo
- Austin Duke, WR, Charlotte
- Darius Prince, WR, Penn State (Beaver)
- Demarcus Ayers, WR, Houston
- Damon Sheehy-Guiseppi, WR, Phoenix CC
- Octayvius Miles, WR, Alabama A&M
- Nydair Rouse, CB, West Chester
Guardians running back Tim Cook takes us home.