THE XFL TO HOST SUMMER SHOWCASES
The XFL will be hosting Summer Showcases in each of our eight host cities to evaluate players for the XFL’s inaugural season. Below is more information about the Summer Showcases to better prepare you for the timing, player pool, itinerary, and purpose for each XFL Summer Showcase.
When and Where Will Each Showcase Be?
• Dallas: June 7th | Maverick Stadium | 1307 W Mitchell St, Arlington, TX 76013
• Houston: June 8th | TDECU Stadium | 4800 Calhoun Rd, Houston, TX 77004
• New York: June 14th | Sprague Field Carlisle Rd, Montclair, NJ 07043
• Washington DC: June 15th | The St. James Complex | 6805 Industrial Rd. Springfield, VA 22151
• Los Angeles: June 21st | Veterans Memorial Stadium | 5000 E Lew Davis St. Long Beach, CA 90808
• Seattle: June 22nd | Memorial Stadium | 401 5th Ave NSeattle, WA 98109
• Tampa Bay: June 29th | Raymond James Stadium | 4201 N Dale Mabry Hwy Tampa Bay, FL 33607
• St. Louis: July 13th | Lou Fusz Training Facility | 1 Rams Way, Earth City, MO 63045
Who Will Be Invited to Summer Showcases?
Each XFL Summer Showcase is an invite-only workout for players we would like to consider for potential XFL opportunities. Those players include those who have played in the NFL, alternate football leagues, or have recently completed their college eligibility.
Players will receive individual emails from the XFL League Office with their personal invitation to a particular Summer Showcase, with an effort to consider players’ location to the best of our ability.
What Will Players Be Doing at Each Showcase?
Players will arrive at each showcase the morning of the event and register at the XFL Summer Showcase they are invited to. Players will do the following:
• Height, weight, and additional measurements for each player
• Light Combine-like athletic testing, including the 40-yard-dash and shuttle drills
• Individual positional workouts and 1-on-1 drills, led by XFL Coaching Staff
• Private, additional workouts with XFL Coaching Staff, as needed
• Provide player interviews and background information, as needed
• Players will receive boxed lunch upon completion of XFL Summer Showcase
What is the Purpose of the XFL’s Summer Showcases?
The XFL Summer Showcases are the first opportunity for the XFL League Office and Individual XFL Franchises to begin evaluating talent for the XFL 2020 Season. Each Summer Showcase will allow our Player Personnel teams to:
• Gather necessary background and measurable information on considered players
• Evaluate players for Official XFL Contracts upon completion of the Summer Showcase
• Begin evaluating players for Coaching and Personnel Staff XFL Draft preparations
• Gain accurate information and evaluations on unsigned players for future XFL opportunities