Around the XFL: Strap in & listen up
All of us in the office on a Friday before XFL weekends:
Houston Roughnecks OL Sebastian Tretola can’t wait to gear up. (Easy to be excited when your team's 4-0.)
Less than 24 hours until the fifth regular-season slate. The stakes are growing. Strap in.
FROM XFL.COM & FRIENDS
- This is the XFL Show podcast: Ep. 119 previews Week 5
- Making the right call: The story behind the XFL’s female officials (Garcia)
- Stat Leaders: Extra Points
- Stat Leaders: QB rating by half
- Team Trends for Week 5: Against the Spread, Home/Away, more
- Action Network: Week 5 DFS Breakdown
- Action Network: Week 5 DFS Value Plays
- DraftKings: Top QB/WR DFS Stacks for Week 5
- FanDuel: Fantasy Start ‘Em, Sit ‘Em for Week 5
- DC: Key Defenders to watch in Week 5
- LA: Looking ahead to Game 5
IN THE NEWS
- WATCH: Sights & sounds ahead of XFL's Week 5 (ESPN Get Up)
- WATCH: XFL Week 5 picks (FS1's Lock It In)
- XFL Championship Odds, Favorites heading into Week 5 (Sports Illustrated)
NOW HEAR THIS
The Dallas Renegades got some new ear candy. Dak Prescott dropped off a bunch of Beats By Dre.
Here's the kudos from head coach Bob Stoops:
Prescott probably uses them to block out the endless rumors going on right now.
This Roughnecks superfan didn't make it to last weekend's Texas Throwdown due to car issues -- but Houston is shipping him to this weekend's clash with the Seattle Dragons.
Catch up on Colby Murray's story:
Maybe DC defensive lineman Anthony Johnson is more attacker than Defender here, but ... you can feel those hits from where you're sitting.
DAILY DOSE OF TIKTOK
A remixed look back at Tampa Bay Vipers cornerback Tarvarus McFadden's Week 4 interception:
And the Dragons drop the ...
TIPTOE BY THE SIDELINE
New York Guardians WR Colby Pearson gets an extra foot down for good measure in practice.
In case you missed them yesterday ...
- Seattle Dragons at Houston Roughnecks - Saturday | 2 p.m. ET | ABC
- New York Guardians at Dallas Renegades - Saturday | 5 p.m. ET | FOX
- St. Louis BattleHawks at DC Defenders - Sunday | 3 p.m. ET | FS1
- Tampa Bay Vipers at Los Angeles Wildcats - Sunday | 9 p.m. ET | ESPN
Think like undefeated Roughnecks QB P.J. Walker and keep that 1-0 mindset: